Sunday, May 22, 2016

Happy Scrappy Chaos


There is something strangely satisfying about taking a humble pile of strings, trimmed from the ragged ends and edges, and turning them into a bright and beautiful stack of blocks.  The greens are ready to be trimmed to size and joined together to make three more diamond crumbs.  It was a relaxing way to spend a morning in between the normal weekend chores.
Kurt has gone down south with the girls for a two day LAX tournament, and Ryan has a friend over to "hang out".  With just two days of school left, I think there might be a few more blocks lurking in the string bin.  First though, I'll hop over to Quilting is More Fun than Housework to see what is happening at Oh Scrap!

16 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty, Angela! I love the way you've made them with the black string dividing up the colors and the low volumes!

Ivani said...

I love all kind of String Quilts. Your will be beautiful.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I just finished my string quilt top. They are one of my favorites. I really like how yours are turning out. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Simple strings but such a striking set of blocks!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, those Strings!!! So bright and cheerful!

Ellen said...

So pretty - like stained glass. :)

Nell's Quilts said...

Those strings just call out to me to give them a try. They look so cheerful!

Dolores said...

Love those scrappy strings. Very pretty.

Peggyinno said...

Those string blocks are amazing! They will make a very bright and beautiful quilt!

Delighted Hands said...

Mom's in the sewing room....all is well with the world!
Beautiful string blocks!

Sheila said...

Love your string blocks! I never grow tired of seeing colorful, scrappy string block quilts. Lots colors, interesting prints, scrappy. They truly say soft, cuddly, comfort and warmth. What's not to love.

Kate said...

Bright and beautiful string blocks. I love the black frame around each color.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE them!!!! The black makes everything pop!

Deb A said...

Oh boy! You are just revving up for lots of sewing time in the next 2 months =). Enjoy it while you can. I'm looking forward to some beach sewing in June.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very pretty scrappy and love the black outline on the blocks!!!

make.share.give said...

Love this!