Sunday, March 3, 2013

Slowdown Sunday Handwork

Whenever working on Dear Jane blocks, there always seem to be quite a few that need a bit of applique.  Though most of the true applique blocks got done off the bat, lots of them are pieced with melons or diamonds added onto the top.  Those have all been save for a bit of slow stitching time on Sunday.
The Dear Jane wall of progress is coming along nicely.  The upper left hand corner is getting quite full. I even did an extra red block today so that it would fill in an empty space.  It is so tempting to just fill in the rest of top row, but I do need to keep working on the orange.  There are 8 triangles to worry about this month.
I hope you are all taking some time to slow down and take a deep breath before the new week starts.   Kathy is hosting slow stitching Sunday, so be sure to go see what everyone else is working on this weekend.  

7 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like you are making good progress on these Dear Jane block.

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love how organized you are and how sweet those ziploc baggies look with the little pieces all ready to sew! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Linda said...

I'm curious about your wall of progress. Are you just putting up small squares where your colored blocks will go? That is so clever if so. A Dear Jane is on my ToDo list for someday. Maybe next year. sigh!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Those little blocks are adorable. So your wall of progress is just showing you where the colors will go? Interesting, I was wondering how you were going to figure that out.

Ellen said...

Great job! I definitely have Dear Jane progress envy and I have no one to blame but myself.

Beth in MN said...

Love your Dear Jane blocks and all the progress you are making. You ALMOST make me want to start one!! LOL Keep up the great work. Will be following your progress.
Beth in MN

Deb A said...

I can't believe how many you have gotten done already. Prep work is the key.