Saturday, August 25, 2012

Messy Day

 After taking inventory this morning and catching up on ironing, I realized that all of the Broken Dishes units were done for Jamestown Landing.  That lead me to start in on the string blocks which had fallen a bit behind. I was working my way through the second season on Downton Abbey while sewing.  It wasn't on Netflix, so I signed up for a free trial of Hulu+.  I am much more appreciative of Netflix now after spending most of the afternoon buffering or restarting. 
 As I was making a mess in the sewing room, Anna was working on a mess in the kitchen.  She had decided to make a birthday cake for her friend Sierra and somehow managed to scatter cake, frosting and fondant all over the kitchen. 
 She was quite happy with the finished cake though, and cleaned up most of the mess. 
After lego practice Ryan had his first football game of the season.  He is in a different league this year so that he could be on a team with his friend Troy.   

7 comments:

Amy said...

Messy day...but AWESOME day as well! It's crazy how time is flying and everyone is growing up and starting in on a new "busy" or another :)

Anna definitely made a cake to be proud of. And the BEST cooks are messy cooks :)

Great progress on Jamestown Landing.

Cyn said...

A BIG congrats to Anna! Wowzer, girl, you made an outstanding cake!! Yum. And you cleaned up... impressive!!
They grow so fast - enjoy them while you can [I say this whistfully as mine are all grown and gone].

Lynne said...

Anna's cake looks fabulous - well done!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking cake there. Strings, I have to get back to some too. I need about 10 more for RRCB. it is on the to do list. I am thinking of goals setting more in Sept.

Andee said...

Love that show! I also have Amazon Prime and have been watching shows free with no ads on there too!

ADRE_A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ADRE_A said...

Hallo, ich möchte die Nachricht mit Ihnen teilen, dass mein genitalorgan nicht richtig funktionierte, bis ich von dieser https://erektilemed.de/ Website erfuhr. Hier habe ich eine ausgezeichnete Medizin für mich gefunden und empfehle es Ihnen.