Monday, November 7, 2011

Next on the List?

I'm on a quest to finish things off.  The end of the year is nearing and there is a new mystery starting.  I'd like to get some loose ends tied up before jumping into that with both feet.
First up are the ScrapHappy Squares that I have been working on for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  The orange and brown are in process from the last two months, but I need to decide what to do about sashing  strips.  White is obviously out.  I thought about a rainbow fabric, but maybe it is too busy?  That left black of course, but it seems too stark.  I've seen lots of pretty quilts with steel gray backgrounds, too modern? Any other suggestions?

Then there are the rainbow crumbs which have been up for a couple of weeks. I need some half blocks to fill in the ends and maybe a row of brown to finish it off. I think this one will be next on the list.
To see what everyone else has up on the wall this week head over to Patchworktimes


11 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Mmmn I think you are right on all your ideas re the white, blck and rainbow - I like the grey! Just right! And I love the crumbs!

blauraute said...

Hi Angela,
it looks great. I prefer black between the blocks and I'll try to finish my quilt early next year.
Have a nice week
Roswitha

Amy said...

I love both of these! Maybe I need to do more with my crumbs...

Char said...

Somone has been very busy lately, wish it were me!
I like grey, I think it would look great.

Lynne said...

I think the steel grey works well. Your blocks are looking good.

I'm just starting on my rainbow scraps challenge because I wasn't around in blogland in January and I didn't have enough scraps in any colour until now! Are you intending to run some kind of scrappy challenge next year (she asks hopefully) so I can be part of it from the beginning?

Denise :) said...

Yup, I like the gray, too. What an awesome quilt this will be! Your crumbs are looking great too! :)

Kate said...

The Rainbow challenge blocks are beautiful. Of what you have up there, I'd go with the gray. Would a dark blue rather than the black. It might still be to stark, but it's a thought.

Pattilou said...

I love your blocks!!! Lots of work going on there. Ya know, sometimes a black with a bit of something else--it'll "read" black but won't be so stark as a solid black, maybe like a marble or something like that. I thought of navy blue too, like Kate suggested.

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

Love you rainbow scrap quilts that you've got on your design wall(s). I think NO sashings on your top one. Just let the colors speak for themselves floating on the white borders that you have on the blocks which could in effect be the sashing.

Linda said...

Hummmm I think I agree with Marlene about no additional sashing. The clear white really does let those colors stand alone. I really like what you've done so far. Both of them.

Candace said...

You and Amy and so many like you are so amazing. I got a small taste of working again lately, and I got nothing else done. You have families, demanding jobs, houses to run, running to run, and etc. and still manage to quilt. I'm clapping in awe.