Friday, October 28, 2011

Some Sort of Sewing

I started putting the borders on Spinning Stars, but Sydney really wanted me to finish her Halloween costume first.  She is going to be a mummy.  The base is a pair of long underwear onto which I sewed strips on muslin (easier said than done).  Kurt warned me not to make it too perfect, I don't think he needed to worry about that.  Anna is going to be Lady Gaga and needs me to sew balloons onto a leotard while Ryan is going to wear the chain mail that Kurt made for him.  First though, I want to get some borders sewn on and some backs pieced.  I'd love to set the quilting frame up again and finish a quilt or two in the near future.  I've got my eye on Veterans day  in a couple of weeks.  A nice three day weekend should be just about perfect in so many ways.  

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

That's the best kind of sewing....for the kids....so cute!

Jan Maree said...

oh enjoy Halloween - what fun! happy stitching too!

Lynne said...

My quilting frame arrived today - now all I have to do is learn how to use it!

Deb A said...

Great job on the costume... want to do the vest I need for my son's costume? He'll either be a pirate, cowboy or sheriff.