Friday, September 9, 2011

Crumby Friday

Actually it was a very nice Friday, but I pulled out the crumbs this evening to get ready for the Crumb Along over at Jo's Country Junction.  I seem to have a baggie of string and crumb blocks already in the works.  I'm not sure, but it looks like there are 20 or 30 finished blocks in there.  I liked the consistent use a a red solid that Jo had in her crumb quilt, so I pulled a chunk of red out of the stash as well.  While I was playing with scraps, I pulled out a stack of shirts that I picked up at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago.  I just love the clearance room.  How can you beat quilt fabric for $0.95 per pound? 
It's been a busy week at work again, but the weekend looks wide open.  If I were smart I would spend some time getting ahead of the game so next week will be more relaxed.  I wonder if I'll be smart?  For now I've got a pair of scissors and a stack of shirts, I'll think about work later. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Amy = Smart LAST weekend and planned out for two weeks! :0)

SO,
Amy = Sewing THIS weekend (ONCE the tomatoes are done).

ENJOY those scissors, and.....ah hey.... maybe just an hour of "down-time" to find your "smartness" ???? :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a big box of fun right there!

Lynne said...

Sounds like fun but it doesn't fit into my schedule at the moment! :-(