Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stinging Along

Still working hard to tie up loose ends.  I suppose I should get started on school work in order to be ready for next week, but I would like to leave my sewing room in some sort of order as I know that my time will be limited during the school year. 
This afternoon I pulled out the basket of white strings which have been patiently waiting for me to get my act in gear on Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  It didn't take long at all to finish off the sewing part.  Isn't that always the way with procrastination, never as bad as all anticipation.  Half of the string blocks have already had the paper torn and trimming done, so it is just 30 more to rip and cut.  I'll have to see if there is a good movie on Netflix!

5 comments:

LuAnn said...

You're not going back to school so soon, are you? I think the earliest here is August 11. You are doing great on those strings for the RRCB. They will go fast, and you will love that quilt when it is together.

Lynne said...

Yay for motivation - no matter where it comes from! The block I can see there looks lovely; I would never have though of using whites and creams together like that!

Ellen said...

Your string blocks look great. I know that some people don't like making them but I really enjoyed putting mine together. You have a very early start to the school year - my kids never went back before Labour Day.

Andee said...

Way to go Angela! They will be done in no time! Keep on stringing!

Candace said...

The string blocks are worth it in the end. I'm getting ready to do my second half for my other lap quilt RRCB. I'm doing these in blue batiks, hope it's not a disaster, lol.