Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fill in the Blank

I'm working on a getting rid of some odd sized squares and using up some more of my crumb blocks. The more scraps I use, the more I seem to produce. On the left are the random four patches from a box of 4 inch squares I came up with while cleaning. On the right are some 5 inch crumb blocks left over after making Crumb Cake. I seem to have enough four patches to make an entire quilt, but I like the look of a variety of sizes and might end up using some of the four patches for something else. As far as the crumb blocks go, I think they look happier with a little space around them. I thought they got lost in the busy green sashing last time. I've also seen people just put them all together but I prefer to spread them out. I also sewed together some more leftover geese blocks and put another round on the wonky log cabin blocks. I didn't mean to be up this late, but sometimes one thing leads to another.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oooo....seeing that little square in the mix of the larger '4-collection' squares is fun! I like where your mind is going with using a variety of sizes.

Since you used the same background fabric for the crumbs "borders," try mixing them in with the 4-block squares, or are they a different size? {{looking back}}....oh yeah, they look a bit smaller. What about throwing another strip on each size of the crumbs to get them to be the same size as the 4's?

Don't worry about staying up late; I caught up on sleep for the both of us :0)