Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy It's Friday

Cross another quilt off the list! I Spy a parrot is quilted and trimmed.
10 more school days for seniors (and they let us know about it). Much like pushing jello up a hill, we keep plugging away until the end. It was a busy week full of scouts and meetings and lots of miscellaneous evening stuff that limited my time to quilt. I did manage to get a few minutes in here and there though, and was almost done with the last border when I got home from school this afternoon.

What I really ought to do is get some serious binding done. There are three quilts in the stack now. If I get it sewn on tonight, I can take it to Ice Skating tomorrow and do the handwork while watching the girls. Regular lessons are in the morning and then the Girl Scouts have a group skate in the afternoon. Separate sessions for the two age groups means I'll be spending at least 5 hours tomorrow watching skating. Something to do will be a definite requirement.


I'm not sure what is next up on the frame. I've got two "good" quilts ready to go, but I'm not sure if I'm confident enough in my skills to risk messing up something I really like. Instead I might finish the border on Starlight, a wonky star quilt with words that is meant for donation. I've ordered a packet of pantographs from Golden Threads and am anxious to try out the laser pointer.
Sydney was duly impressed with the new quilting machine and wanted to give it a try. Her attention span didn't last long, but she did put her own stitches into the quilt and was quite proud of herself. How cute is she missing 4 front teeth? She has an adorable little lisp right now that make me want to pick her up and give her lots of hugs.

4 comments:

Amy said...

There are so many things that I love right now...
* that adorable picture of Sydney with the HQ16
* the colors of the I-Spy sashing
* your stack of three quilts ALMOST finished
* that both you and I had our quilting rejuvenated with our frame/machine purchase!!!

Enjoy your weekend! Can't wait to see what you finish!

Amanda said...

Your I Spy quilt looks great, I especially love the crossword fabric, I've not seen anything like that before. Don't kids look cute when they've got their front teeth missing, Sydney looks lovely. I remember that my younger son wore his down to absolutely nothing before they fell out. Have a great quilting weekend.

Lori said...

She is sooo cute! I remember when...

Now for me its all about the JR Prom.

Dang time flies!

Allyson said...

Love the quilt on the back wall in the photo of Sydney at the HQ16. Sydney looks like she's having a ball!