Monday, February 8, 2010

BOM #4 OMG


Well, it's done. I can't say much more than that about this block. I used to make templates for everything, but it has been a while. Now I truly appreciate the accuracy of rotary cutting. Amy's directions were crystal clear, buy my execution leaves something to be desired. This one may need some minor surgery at some point in the future, but for now I'm sticking it in the box and calling it finished. Ryan is just now awake so I'd better see about getting him some lunch. Happy Monday everyone.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I found this block challenging, too. It isn't hard, it's just a bit hard knowing where to line things up. I did quite a bit of unsewing, due to sewing 4 pieces instead of sewing 1 and then checking things out. It had been a long time since I had used templates. I have 2 nice sets of plexiglass templates for 2 different sized blocks, and even though I haven't used them for years, I can't seem to part with them. Rotary cutters make things so much easier.
You've gotten a lot done recently. I love your Christmas lights.

Allyson said...

I really like the white scrolly background fabric and the green dot fabric in this block. I have never seen either of those before. Do you know what line they're from? It's an interesting block. One that would no doubt try my patience. :)