Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bad Blogger

How could I go out of town for five days and not take a single picture? I saw Mom and her new house, then Sister and the new house she wants to buy, two nephews and a niece on my side of the family, BIL and two nephews on that side of the family and not a single snapshot to show for it. We had a lovely trip to Georgia. Mom has settled into a new house much closer to my sister, they both seem to be enjoying the proximity. Her three little ones are doing great. The Austin and Ryan are close to the same age and played great together. Paige and Anna are also close to the same age and were joined at the hip. Anna didn't have a playmate, but joined in with the others. Zach is two now and walking up a storm! I don't think any of us expected him to be doing as well as he is with all of this health issues, but he is happy as can be and seems oblivious to the equipment.
Mom had a few chores for us to help her settle into the new house. Kurt added light fixtures and laid plywood in the attic. Heather and I hung up curtains. I'm glad we got the easy job, it was hot up in that attic! My sister has just put a contract on a house in the same neighborhood, I hope they are lucky selling their house. They are all a little squished in their current place and could really use some extra space. We spent Monday doing some cleaning and organizing to help it show better. She is compulsively neat and organized, but we worked on the pretty superficial touches that are supposed to help it show better.
Seeing all the new houses has Kurt in project mode and I'm wondering what he is going to pick to work on next. My vote was to have new carpet put down in our bedroom, but I think he wants to do something with the stairs. The yard is in desperate need of attention, but it is just way too hot out there to spend any serious amount of time.
My sister always saves her sewing projects for me, so she sent me home with directions and fabric for dust ruffles as well as a cover for a wedge that Zach is supposed to be sleeping in at night. I started working on it at Mom's this weekend, but it was slow going without a rotary cutter. I ended up bringing it all home, I'm sure it will look much better with the proper equipment.
I was listening to Sense and Sensibility on the car trip and was almost finished when we pulled into the driveway. I think I'll head back to the sewing room after the kids are in bed and get some organization done while I listen to the last couple of chapters. There is almost nothing scheduled this week and I am hoping to get some serious sewing done.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! Welcome back you!
Don't beat yourself up that you didn't take any pics---been there, done that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the lazy days of summer bring on for you :0)

Amanda said...

Sometimes things are just too much fun to bother to stop and take photographs. It must have been lovely to catch up with so many relatives. Tell me, what are dust ruffles?