Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tiny Word Quilt

Father Rob presented 7 words during a bible verse in chapel at the begining of the week and challenged the students to try to do one word each day. I think they were encouragement, consolation, love, sharing, joy and ...I forget the other two. Anytime I see words now, I picture them in quilts. I'm still pondering rendering my classroom rules in wonky letters.
So I decided to make sharing as a little quilt and give it to Father Rob on Thursday. I've got all the letters done, I'll just slap on a couple of borders tomorrow and then get it quilted up. I'm thinking of putting some words in the bottom border, maybe something like "the word of God" to follow they word sharing. My machine will do a couple of different fonts at least. I brought home a huge stack of papers, and if I carry them home again I might just go a little crazy, so I'd better get some done before I'm too tired to see straight. It might be too late already, but I'll give it a try.
I just left Bonnie's Blog and am happy to know that my book is in the mail!! I was lucky order number 1355 and should have my book soon! I can't wait to see her new book, but I think one of my recent quilts was one of her patterns, I saw a quilt that I really liked on her sight with stars alternating with a simple block she called "pus in the corner" I think. I started the quilt and then went back later to try to find the same pattern again, but couldn't. When I saw the theme of her new book, I was sure she must have pulled the pattern off of her blog so that she could put it in her book. I'll be curious to see if I'm right. Either way, I'm sure there will be lots of good ideas and we all owe some serious support to Bonnie for her great patterns, mystery quilts, and organizational inspirations.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a lovely idea. Mind you, at the rate you're going you'll soon have your school and chapel quilted, as well as your home!

Amy said...

Awwwww! That word quilt is so cool/awesome/neat! What a great idea and touching gift for Father Rob.