Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 2


Usually second days are a little calmer than first days. Today was not usual. Two of may classes were stable with the same kids today as yesterday. The other two had people coming and going seemingly at random. I think my second section of forensic science kids actually went out and recruited their friends, because people just kept coming in the door. Only 20 kids fit in a class, so I know it will end soon, but it is fun to watch. I try to sell the class on the first day, especially with an elective. Anything that starts out sort of dry or boring will send them straight to the counselors office for a transfer. I guess I sold the class too well though, because now they are all jammed in there waiting for the fun to begin.
I ended the chemistry classes yesterday with mentos and diet coke. I did a little bottle so that we could do in the lab. The two liters really do have to go outside, and even then they make a giant mess.
I think the room issues have been resolved, which is what some of the moving around was about. They took 5 kids out of 4th period and moved them to 1st so that we would fit in a smaller space. Hopefully by tomorrow everyone will be in the right place at the right time. Right now I'm still rushing out the door right after my last class so that Kurt can get to work for the afternoon. Tomorrow is his Friday off so I'll be able to stay and catch up on everything. I think it is all going to be good.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Angela,
Wow, it's been awhile since my last visit. I've enjoyed catching up with your blog. :o)

Whome1996 said...

If you need to quickly improve your grade in addition to the professor's opinion of ability, here are 5 Essay Writing Tips to Boost Your Essay Grade Now, it helps in your studies