Sunday, June 29, 2008

Done Done


When is done really done? Some people don't give themselves credit for a quilt until the binding is sewn down on both sides and the label is on. I figure the whole quilt is there and in one piece as soon as the binding is put on. So according to my own criteria, I'm calling OC done. All that remains is the hand work on the binding. FINALLY. I feel like the end of this quilt just went on and on. It is so good to be able to cross it off the list. I think it will look great in Sydney's room. The colors really fit her to a "T".
I spent the morning working my way through the scrap bin. It was overflowing with extras from recent finishes and bits too small to go in the Girl Scout quilts. I've got about half of the mess tamed into strips and squares ready to go into whatever comes next.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Yeah, you! It looks great, and I hope to see a picture of it later on Sydney's bed. I am liking the OC more and more, even mine.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well done...the quilt looks fantastic....so this will be one for the challenge....

Amy said...

I support your thoughts 100%. I also agree that once the binding in on, the quilt is done!
I agree with Candace----can't wait to see one last final "FULL VIEW" shot---Sydney's bed might be the perfect spot, eh?
:0)